“I Don’t Love Peter Obi and I Will Never Support Him, He Misrepresents Facts a Lot” — Ologun

‎According to a report by Daily Post on Tuesday, June 23, 2026, the General Executive Director of the Centre for Responsive Governance, Ayodeji Ologun, has criticised Peter Obi, accusing him of frequently misrepresenting facts and insisting that he would never support the former presidential candidate.

Ologun made the remarks while reacting to Obi's call for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to resign from office. He argued that although citizens have the right to demand accountability from elected leaders, calls for a president's resignation should not be presented as the collective position of Nigerians.

According to him, Obi's demand was political in nature and did not necessarily reflect public opinion. He maintained that leadership changes in a democracy should be determined through elections rather than through pressure campaigns.

“I’m sorry, one of the reasons I don’t love Peter Obi and I will never support him is the fact that he misrepresents facts a lot. If Peter Obi gives you a figure in an interview, go and fact-check it; you are going to find it to be a lie most probably. Eighty per cent of the time, the figures he gives out are always false,” he asserted.

Ologun also questioned the expectation that democratically elected presidents should resign in response to criticism, arguing that such occurrences are uncommon around the world regardless of the performance of an administration.

He further contended that public statements should be examined critically, especially when they involve statistics and factual claims, adding that the credibility of political figures often influences how their comments are received by the public.

While acknowledging that any Nigerian has the right to express dissatisfaction with a government, Ologun maintained that the ultimate decision on whether a leader remains in office should be left to voters during elections.


Post a Comment

0 Comments