According to a report from Symfoni News on Wednesday, July 8, 2026, Maxwell Opara has pushed back against President Bola Tinubu's dismissal of Peter Obi's suggestion that he resign, insisting the presidency's reaction reflects an intolerance for dissent rather than genuine democratic engagement.
Opara argued that the resignation call should not have come as a surprise or provoked defensiveness from the presidency.
He maintained that growing insecurity, particularly the continued plight of abducted children across various states, makes such calls entirely justified and long overdue.
He said: "Tinubu shouldn't have even wait for Peter Obi to tell him to resign, it's a well.
I'm just a Nigerian, anytime I remember the chibo girls, anytime I remember that they're children both from Kastina, Oyo in the bush, I don't know if nobody is even talking about them again.'
'I find it hard to eat, how does he go about laughing? That's why I hate accident. Somebody said you should resign and you're taking it personal, it's long overdue. Infact he shouldn't have wait for Peter Obi to ask him to resign."
Opara's emotional remarks reflect widespread public frustration over unresolved abduction cases across the country.
Many Nigerians have expressed similar concerns that leadership accountability appears increasingly disconnected from the everyday suffering experienced by ordinary citizens still awaiting the safe return of loved ones taken captive in various security incidents nationwide.
0 Comments