According to a report by Behind the Fame on Friday, July 31, 2026, the early journey of Amuda Eko into acting reflects sacrifice and persistence, as he revealed on the Behind the Fame platform.
Before stepping into the film world, he ran a tailoring shop, but his passion for theatre pushed him to abandon that stable path for something uncertain and demanding.
He shared how challenging theatre used to be compared to now, stressing the time and effort it required even for a single scene.
His first film experience didn’t meet expectations either, as he played a policeman without speaking, despite leaving his tailoring work behind to pursue acting seriously.
In his words, he said:
'My grandma insulted me and curse me because theater almost snatched away my tailor job and make me close my shop. Theater then wasn't what it is now, it is easier now.'
'If you call me today, I will work with you for that day, but theater then you could spend a whole month or even a month and a half just because of a scene.'
'The first film I featured, I left my tailoring shop, acted as a policeman in a movie. I even showed my grandma, she said is this the rubbish and unfortunate thing that made you leave your tailoring shop?'
'She said look at this unfortunate boy, you acted as a policeman and you didn't even say a word, is this what you have been doing? The next movie I appeared in, they still didn't want me to talk.'
'So I begged them to please, let me say something. I was always been mocked that I appeared in movies without saying anything, so I pleaded, allow me to talk. When they finally agreed, they told me to say only one word, 'Goodnight'.'
'I went to buy the movie for my grandma and we watched it together, I said goodnight and walked pass, Grandma didn't even noticed me.'
'I was just waiting for her to say something, I said, Alhaja, didn't you see me? She replied where? I didn't see you.''
0 Comments